The other night I was fortunate to do an interview with a young lady that is doing something I never would have dared to do at her age. Here are some questions I presented Morgan Shafer with and her answers.
1. How did you hear about the Miss Pre-Teen GR Competition? I received a letter in the mail inviting me to attend.
2. What made you decide to enter the contest? To boost my self confidence.
3. So-I am sure you are at an age where people have started asking you what you want to do when you are all grown up---what are your ideas right now about this? There are a couple things, I would like to be a clothes designer and hair stylist.
4. What do you like to do for fun? I like to do my hair, and do crafts, and experiments.
5. What is your favorite subject in school? What grade are you in right now? I'm in 6th grade and my favorite subject is math. I LOVE math!
6. What is your favorite book? Favorite TV Show? Favorite movie? My favorite book is Judy Moody and the not bummer summer, favorite TV show is once upon a time, and favorite Movie is Wolverine. 7. Where would you like to go on a vacation someday? I would love to go to Paris some day. 8. What are some of your favorite things to do? I like to go to baseball games, and play piano, and of course I love shopping!
9. If you could change one thing in the word, what would that be? I would like to make it so no one went hungry, so everyone had enough food.
10. What things frighten you? I am phobic about bats and spiders getting in my house. We just had a bat in our house! Luckily I wasn't home! But clowns freak me out! Also coyotes and spiders!
11. What will be activities that you will have to do for the competition? Will you have to do interviews? Is there a talent portion? Please tell us all about the contest itself. I had one interview already, that's how I was chosen to compete. I believe I will have another interview, casual wear and formal wear competition and I will have to answer a question they choose. There is not a talent or bathing suit competition any longer.
12. What advice would you give to anyone else that might be thinking of entering a competition like this? Be yourself and remember if you don't make it into the competition it doesn't mean you are not good enough, because you are! Its just one judges opinion and don't let that discourage you!!!!!
13. What’s your favorite flavor of ice cream? Favorite cookie? Favorite food? Ice cream- cookie dough, cookie- Monster cookie, food-Pizza.
14. What would you like people to know about you, about your goals and dreams? I am very shy but once you get to know me I open up. I love music singing and dancing! I will never give up on my dreams and goals! Thank you for taking the time to interview me! Sooooo cool!!!!?
I really enjoyed getting to know more about Morgan and her dreams and goals and what she enjoys in life. Her mom has also set up a page to help Morgan raise money for the competition-as there are a few fees that they will need assistance with and some other essentials for competing. Please consider following the link below to learn more about that.
Thank you, Morgan! Bon chance! Good luck!