Tuesday, October 15, 2013

October Memoir and Back Story Blog Challenge-Week 3: Secrets. Could I Be That Unaware?

     It has been interesting to take part in this challenge. I have had to come face to face with the fact that I am not as devoted to my craft as I would like to think I am. Maybe that is the big secret reveal for me. I have missed several deadlines-all with good excuses-but missed none the less. This has sort of shaken my core perception of myself.
     Maybe I am reading too much into my short comings. This is just one of many random self imposed goals-so what does it really mean? Does it speak toward being burned out? Is it a reflection on my real abilities or desires?
     I don't really recall there being any great secrets or mysteries over the course of my life. I am going too need to ponder this. It may be that I discover that the greatest secrets I have encountered are the ones I have kept from myself, tucked away, deep in my heart.

2 comments:

  1. I think you've really touched on something here - The secrets we keep from ourselves are our greatest secrets. Nicely put. I enjoy your posts. Just reread your earlier post about most people doing their best. So true, and not just in a work situation. It shed light on a family issue I'm dealing with and was very helpful. Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything can't get top billing in our life. It's good to turn a shrewd eye on ourself now and then but be gentle.

    ReplyDelete